When it comes to our four-legged loved ones, choosing a veterinarian can be hard. If you go with a traditional veterinarian, then their are restrictions on hours they are open. What happens if your pet needs immediate attention? Emergency vets are available but they can often cost an arm and a leg. Mobile vets are a great option to build a lasting relationship with a veterinarian.
What to look for in your mobile veterinarian?
- Is their truck/bus clean, comfortable, and well-organized?
- Are appointments required?
- How often are they available?
- What are their hours? Will they come to you in the middle of the night?
- Are there technicians or other professional staff members?
- Is the mobile vet staff caring, calm, competent and courteous, and do they communicate effectively?
- Are X-rays, ultrasound, bloodwork, EKG, endoscopy and other diagnostics done in-house or referred to a specialist? Costs can escalate if specialists become involved.
- Which emergency services are available?
- How far will they drive? Some mobile vets have a limited radius.
- Do fees fit your budget, and are discounts for senior citizens or multi-pet households available?
Did you know that you can get big discounts from San Antonio Dog Life listed mobile vets! Here's a tip: Mention SADL to Joshua Creek Mobile Veterinary Services and get 10% off. ;-)